Tuesday, 10 May 2005

If there's one thing I've never talked about in my blog, it's about girls wearing tudung and having bfs and stuff related to that.

But I somehow stumbled onto a blog which wasn't a good read but somehow I kept on reading (does that make it a good read then, since I continued reading?) Maybe I read more and more because there were similarities btwn us - her bf is in NS, went on a 3 week overseas army trip.. and I've never really read an in-depth account of an NSman's gf life other than mine. Ok I think by the way I'm describing her, semua orang dah boleh pergi cari her blog now. But I'm still not listing her blog add here bcoz u know.. her blog isn't a good read. Hahah.

Anyway, this girl commented on her blog about girls wearing tudungs and having bfs. She isn't a tudung-wearer btw. Before anything let me state first that I don't care if a girl wear tudung or not, religion being something between yourself and God only... and I personally make it a rule for myself not to judge the other group just because I'm a tudung wearer. I know I'm no better just because I wear tudung... there's still so many other duties to fulfill, doesn't matter if you wear tudung or not.

Eh I keep going off topic. I want to talk about what that girl blogged.

So anyways this girl said she's disgusted when she sees tudung girls holding hands with their bf. Or pinching, giggling2... She basically listed all normal coupley behaviours that you see couples doing in public.

Then she went on to say that as a tudung wearer, you shouldn't do these kind of things. You choose to wear tudung, so you have to know that you can't have a bf / relationship with a guy before marriage.

If you think I'm going to bitch about her because of what she mentioned above, you are wrong. hehe. I normally don't get upset when I read this kind of thing, but more of that later. What made me worked up was this....

... On another entry, when she just sent her bf off to Taiwan at the airport, she lamented why oh why can't she hug her bf and give him one last kiss before he goes!! His family members all got to hug him, but she can't, because she realises there are small-minded people at the airport, orang-orang kuno who would bitch about that.

Ok baby that is very weird ok. That is such blatant two-facedness I cannot take it lor. No, maybe not two-facedness, but I don't know what it is.

Memang betul, orang pakai tudung shouldn't do what she said they did, because they wear tudung so they are actually sort of walking adverts for Islam or something. But in Singapore where majority of Malays are Muslims, it's just wrong and weird to say that. When people see a Malay, they see a Muslim too. And I think I can safely say orang bangsa lain won't judge when they see tudung - they judge firstly by the skin colour (if they do judge in the first place!) It's only orang kita sendiri who deem themselves better, or want to make themselves feel better, that's why they judge.

For all you know, that tudung girl was holding the hand of her husband! Ada couples marry young tau. (which she bitched about in an entry too. Said she don't understand why people want to settle down so early. I can't be bothered to post my comments on that la)

Ok, what I'm worked up about is the fact that she thinks it's bad for tudung girls to hold hands, but she, who is a Malay and a Muslim too, thinks it's ok for her to hug and kiss her bf in public. AND thinks that people who judge that behaviour are orang-orang kuno!

What the @#*(&*@!!!!

Get what I'm saying tak?

--

Part 2:

"Then she went on to say that as a tudung wearer, you shouldn't do these kind of things. You choose to wear tudung, so you have to know that you can't have a bf / relationship with a guy before marriage.

If you think I'm going to bitch about her because of what she mentioned above, you are wrong. hehe. I normally don't get upset when I read this kind of thing, but more of that later.


(that was from me btw. cut and paste from beginning of this entry)

Ok, the reason I don't get upset when I read about people saying tudung girls shdn't have bfs before marriage is because I personally think it's true. Heh. I like that idealised image of dating and marriage the true Islam way, so I think it's fair enough for them to like that idealised image too.

But let's wake up and smell the blood red roses which Mazreen gave me. Let's be realistic. Orang dulu-dulu got hug and kiss their bf in public meh? No right? Get what I'm saying now? Times have changed. So as much as I would love to not date Mazreen before marriage, and just marry him straightaway based on recommendations of family (honestly!), it's quite impossible in this day and age. Mainly because dating is such a norm now.

It's the whole two-facedness that I can't stand. I dislike how she disapproves of one group doing something, and then when she does something more and people judge her, she bitches about those people too! Funky kan!

So yeah. My first time I think, blogging about tudung girls etc etc. I normally refrain from such a topic because it's quite... you know... people always have different views, and there's bound to be disagreements, plus this blog is usually about me and Mazreen. Hehe.

--

So let's talk about me and Mazreen, as per usual. Speaking of Mazreen, he's so cute tau. The other time we were at McDonalds Bugis, and he was reading that Allan + Barbara Pease book, while I people-watch and commented on what I saw. He would go, "Da, takmo cakap mcm tu ah... Takut diaorang dengar, abis nanti cari gaduh baru you tahu.."

Ok I don't know what's so cute about that, but he's cute la. Hehehe.

OH! And we have been invited to his friend's wedding dinner at some hotel in Orchard. Funky eh!! Hahah. Of course I was super excited, I love being invited to weddings, although I usually get lazy to attend them on the day itself. Plus this one was a dinner at a hotel, so mcm funky-funky.

Harap maklum la, usually I only get invited to weddings yang kat bawah block... hahaha.

Ok Mazreen just called.

No comments: