Oh he came sooo late just now. Was supposed to meet at 11.30am, he reached my house at 1.40pm. Yes, memang better late than never, but still so irritating. I was so upset I cried... and when he reached my house, I made him wait outside (no one except me at home) All the while he called my hp asking me to siap, apologising non-stop.
So yeah, at 2.15 (sigh - made him wait only for 35 minutes ajer) I went outside and he went down on his knees, which made me melt and laugh. Went to Zamzam to makan, then walked around Bugis, and went to Kino...
... and saw a book there by Allan + Barbara Pease. I'm sure you all have read their adv columns in Sunday Times. This book was titled "How Compatible Are You?" - Your Relationship Quiz Book.
So we tried out one quiz in there, and was so fascinated by the answers, that we decided to buy the book.
Bought a pen, and sat at McDonalds, and did the first of many quizzes - "Are You Ready for Marriage?"...
We were supposed to tick the statements we agreed with.. Questions included "You always feel happy and safe with your partner", "You laugh often when you're together", "You are both equally ready to compromise" and "You think alike where money is concerned".
Our results was, "We can recommend you get married. Of course there is never a 100% guarantee that everythign will go well - but in your case the prerequisites and chances are very good. So act according to the proverb "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" and fling yourself into preparations. You and your partner will surely make the best of it."
There were many other tests, and it's quite fun doing them actually... but my brain got a bit tired after a while.
Went to Beach road and bought a few stuff home. Mazreen ate with us, and then played some Spongebob game, and now he is at the kedai kopi (AGAIN!) watching soccer.
I realise I can never understand the lure of kedai kopis, and have decided that after a few tries to make him change his mind about them, if he still masih degil, I will give in.
He didn't play evening's soccer game, coz he realised he came late and playing that game would make me go mad with anger. He did try his luck and asked though, and of course I nearly made a scene again that he backed down and appeased me by making cute faces and all.
We talked a bit in the bus ride home. Oh the bus ride home was so fun, we played that primary school game of "pepsi-cola" or whatever, where your thumb tries to hold down the opponent's thumb til you count til 10. Played that from Kallang til Expo - I think the people around us got a bit pissed off, but who cares coz it was very fun. Haha.
So anyways, I told him (when we were in the bus) about me feeling insecure about the r/s sometimes. And he admitted that he felt the same way. Coz we were having way too many arguments - this week ajer I cried twice over something that he did! It was getting a bit too much for me to take actually, and I wasn't really confident sometimes about us anymore.
And that was really really really saddening for me. Made me wonder if this is what people referred to as the dugaan after tunang? Byk gaduh over nothing etc? Where every little thing becomes one huge thing, whether you like it or not? I probably have to learn to give and take a bit more, and not get upset at every little thing, and he has to learn to take NOTE of my feelings more.
Honestly that Pease book is good. I think I realised more about him - that he does listen when I talk, he does remember little details, and I found out his 'ideal' sort of woman, and what he really thinks about me.
I guess for now I can safely say my r/s is back on track, and I feel much better. Much more secure, safe, confident.
You all should go get this book, if you're into this kind of thing. Heh.
No comments:
Post a Comment