Sunday, 5 June 2005

2 weddings over the weekend.

The first one was last night actually, a wedding dinner by Mazreen's NS friend. We went with Mazreen's cousin (who knew the groom too) and the cousin's fren / gf. Reached the venue and Mazreen saw another friend of his, so we sat together with them.

Halfway through the dinner, Mazreen whispered to me, "I tak ingat nama dia ah.. should I ask him or should I just pretend?"

Haha. I told him to pretend, coz a bit weird right, dah bebual panjang lebar and all, sekali turns out dunno each other's name.

The dinner was ok. They had some breakdancing thing before the dinner started, so I was a bit funkified actually. First time wedding dinner ada breakdancing and all these hiphop things and all.

The decor was nice, but the berkat was a plate, which was wrapped. I told Mazreen's cousin's friend that I thought it was a frame with their picture. Hehe.

--

And just now was a wedding lunch - 3 siblings at one go. But it was very sad - their uncle passed away on Friday, which was their nikah day, and their mom was admitted to hospital yesterday -asthma attack.

I didn't know that beforehand, so I was telling Aisyah kenapa muka pengantin macam boring ajer.

Much later baru I got to know what happened. Sedih eh? Especially when all your kids get married on one day and you want to be there to kecoh-kecoh tapi so kesian masuk hospital pulak..

--

I think I must learn to put on makeup. hehehehe.

At the wedding dinner last night, Mazreen's cousin's friend wore makeup lah, and I was like, "Eh hari ni I think I wore moisturizer.. " and thinking that that is good enough. Because sometimes I forget to wear moisturizer even.

So today I made a bit of an effort and wore blusher (hehe) and lipstick (hehehe) and... that's it la. Aisyah had the works - eye shadow lah, lipgloss lah, what lah. And so did Liza. Tapi aku mcm felt rimas although wearing blusher and lipstick.

Although I think I did look nice just now. Hehehehehehe.

--

Pag (my cousin who we actually call Kak Nana) bought a house at Tampines, veryveryvery near to Mazreen's house - and turns out that their new neighbour is Mazreen's dad's close friend!

The world just got smaller!

And Pag's maid will be holding a birthday makan next week - she will be cooking and everyone's coming so I hope Mazreen will come with. And then we have to go to his sister's new house and another sister's house to see the cute little new baby.

AND he will be getting back his passport so we actually planned to go JB tapi since got all these family stuff, so mcm JB plans have to wait til he comes back from Thailand.

--

I'll be going to KL and Cameron Highlands on June 15th. Mazreen's going Thailand on June 14th. Hehe.

I haven't applied leave yet though, but hopefully boleh dapat lah, because only a few days ajer. KL for 3 days and Cameron for 2 days ajer.

I don't think I will be going to Bangkok at the end of July afterall - unless we get ERS early July. I got a sudden panic attack last night thinking I have to save whatever cash that comes my way lah (meaning salary lah, not ERS... which I guess I should save also, but u know.. ) if I want nice wedding clothes.

Because me and my colleague, we looked through wedding sites the other day and discussed through MSN - the wedding packages that bridal houses are offering. I/n/a/i B/r/i/d/a/l which has quite pretty clothes, but 3 pairs goes for $880.

Another bridal house was offering TEN pairs of clothes for $950! Complete with pelamin etc etc. Funky kan! Tapi their clothes aren't as nice.

I know it's a bit too early to be discussing wedding / bridal houses and all... Tapi it's soooo fun to talk about them with another girl... Kalau Mazreen, kena ikut mood - kadang2 dia suka. kadang2 he will marah and say it's still too early. I know a bit too early lah, about 2 more years I think (Insya'Allah) but no harm done right if looksee now?

I just realised Mazreen can be so fierce sometimes but so nice and manja also. Hehehe.

No comments: