Sunday, 3 July 2005

Talked to Mazreen just now, because I was free and so was he, before he went to play soccer (at Thailand also got Sunday soccer!), and our convo led us to a new name. Haha. Am following Aysha's example though, and I shan't tell anyone about it other than.. well, Mazreen.

... so that if (IF!) someone does take that name, I perhaps won't feel that disappointed.

The thing about reading blogs is that, you can get a lot of good tips on life, or examples to follow. Like Aysha's example of not letting people know the dream name (hehe) which you can follow as stated above, Ridjal getting a new job and blogging about not settling, which is really inspiring (more of this later), and reading a certain Emirates' girl's blog has made Aisyah want to be an Emirates girl too now (just so she can live in Dubai)

I have been thinking and thinking and thinking some more about taking up a (part-time) diploma (which will hopefully lead to a degree) in counselling psychology, which is a totally different thing from what I'm doing now. This idea has been residing in my head for a long time, but procrastination is one irritating factor that has made me not do anything about the idea.

That, plus I'm not sure if I am semangat enough to juggle job and studies at the same time.

See, I've always wanted to be a counsellor and work with troubled teens. It could have started around the same time as that Zara thing, haha, but I'm not sure. Have found out the necessary steps to be one, although it'll take me a few years before I can finally have a career as one - but I figured if Mazreen and my parents are ok with it, I should be ok too Insya'Allah.

Right?

I was scared to consider it seriously actually, because a dream doesn't hurt or gets scary until it becomes reality.

Until recently I read the whole not settling thing on podah.com, and Fiq bugging me (he bugs me once a week about this, haha - bcoz he's doing a psychology course now too, and wants friend-friend like that la) and somehow it fuelled me a lot!

So I brought up the matter to Mazreen a few days ago, and we have talked about it, he supports my decision and stuff, and then I talked to my parents too, and they support me too...

so technically there isn't really anything stopping me now.

I mean, the shipping job I'm doing now is cool and the colleagues are great and the pay and bonus is the best (Alhamdulillah) but it isn't something I can see myself doing forever. And I will work here (unless they don't want me anymore - choi!) til I get all the necessary certs.

Mazreen did point out something though - people usually want easy job, how come I want a difficult job?

Haha. I seriously don't know. I want to make a difference to people's lives, as lame as that sounds.

It was tiring thinking about it, calculating if I can afford it..

* financially - the monthly car payments and hp bills and whatnots
* physically - juggling job and studies and life in general (haha)

... but I figured if people can do it, so can I right?

So Insya'Allah I will be taking my first babysteps towards this dream soon. There's an intake in mid July, but I'm not prepared financially yet, so Insya'Allah will take the one in Jan next year instead. Sounds far, but sometimes time passes by fast. Haha.

Wish me luck, pray for me that it will work out great!

No comments: