I won 2 tickets to Starlight Cinema! Apparently I joined some contest to win a Nokia 6230i but since I didn't win the handphone, I got 2 tickets instead. (I didn't know I joined a contest to win a hp, I actually joined the contest to win the tickets, because I felt that paying $30 for 2 tickets is tooo exp!)
Now I can go watch with Mazreen!
The email from them pasted below.. (for me to remember about 5 years down the road, when the ticket has been used and the email has been deleted, hehe)
Dear shida hussin,
Congratulations! Thank you for participating in the Nokia Starlight Cinema contest. Whilst we are sorry to say you did not win the Nokia 6230i, we’ve decided to still reward you for your participation by offering you and
Simply complete and print out the following form and present it at the door for entry for you and your friend before 7.30pm!
16th - Mr & Mrs Smith
17th - Batman Begins / Fantastic Four
23rd - Initial D
24th - Harry Potter (Chamber of Secrets / Prisoner of Azkaban)
We are going either tmrw (hehehe, macam tak sabar2 nak pakai the tickets hor!) or next Friday, because neither me or Mazreen is a fan of Harry Potter, which rules out 24th and Mazreen's going out with his friends on the 17th.
Hopefully tomorrow lah (although we have already watched Mr & Mrs Smith - but tmrw there will be a different ambience kan? stars and all, boleh aksyen romantic macam olden days - like reeeally olden days when I wasn't even conceived yet) because next Friday got Suara Kekasih on Suria, and I'll be sad if I have to miss that (watching on tv "live" and recorded on tape is different lah)
This is so exciting! Hehehe. I've been wanting to go for ages, and to get free tickets is just superb lah!
--
So, my dental visit.
I reached the place super early because my dad was on his way to work and he insisted on sending me. Which is quite good because on the way he gave me money to pay for the dental visit, hehe.
But I reached the place 30 minutes too early and they were still closed for lunch. So I bought mineral water from 7/11 and sat at a kedai kopi. Wanted Coke but I thought I shan't corrode / erode (whatever the word is) my teeth anymore (although after 6 years, I think a can of Coke wouldn't make that much difference eh?) I had brushed my teeth before going out of my house already, hehe, so mineral water it is. Called Mazreen up for a chat before going in, and when he had to go, I called Farah.
Sometimes I think I am very longwinded. So now I shall just tell my dental visit story.
The dentist at Universal Dental Clinic (at the same place as Medina Clinic) is soooo gentle I tell u! And sooo nice! I stepped inside the room, he asked how am I and asked me to take a seat, and then I announced, "I just want to inform you first, I haven't visited a dentist for 6 years."
He just laughed and said it's good that I'm here already. Hehehe.
I had to do fillings for.. erm... *whispers*5 teeth. A bit the many lah, but considering that I haven't been to a dentist for SIX years, that's quite ok lah right? Hehehehe. And he charged me only $200 for 5 fillings and cleaning and polishing too! He's nice lah.
I ran my tongue over my teeth after the whole thing and was shocked to find a gap!
Asked him what it was! Panic kau!
He said there used to be a "batu karang" there, and he took it out already, so there's a gap between my tooth and my gums and after a few days of brushing, it should be ok already.
Funky or what.
$200 is sooooo banyak hor. I felt like crying when he was doing my teeth and I'm thinking "ok I'm paying $200 to be tortured".
When I was at the spa and being massaged, I thought "ok it costs less to feel good - only $55"
So my conclusion is, visiting a dentist is like smoking, haha. You, as in smokers, cannot do without it, so you pay, even though it's super expensive. (kalau you non-smoker, then we'll think of another metaphor another time)
The spa visit was good. Me and Farah didn't get a couple room like at Bintan (place was for females only, so no couple room at all, hehe) She was in the room opposite me, but could hear me going "ok sure" to everything my masseue (sp??!) said. It's either I'm loud or the place too silent.
Nasib baik aku tak dengar kau snore away like how you did at Bintan *loud guffaws*
Anyway, first I was body-scrubbed, and then led to a sauna, where Farah was already perched on a small bench-thing. It was only the two of us, so that was quite nice la. Went to bathe after that, where I had a very embarassing incident wrt my disposies, hahahah.
But I have to say, this place is big on hygiene. Sungguh bagus. Every step of the way, they change your towels, your showercap (to hold your hair while they massage), your disposies.. tak macam kat Bintan, takder towel pon. You just get a flimsy batik cloth. I think we had to wear our own disposies somemore!
Tsk.
I would recommend this place if you looking for a cheapo spa visit lah. The massage was ok-ish (I prefer Bintan's one - maybe because it was done by a real Javanese, hahaha) but the whole treatment from start to finish, together with their hygienic practises, was good.
It's also good that they didn't hard-sell (is that the term?) their products. Just asked if we were interested in a package, but we weren't because we were
I was quite sad that they didn't want us very badly actually.
--
Went to meet Mazreen after that at Tampines. We had dinner at LJS (where I have super many complaints to make, but that's for later) and then we walked around CS - and ended up at Best Denki or whatever that shop is at the 4th floor.
Bought 2 DVDs (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind & Fight Club) and 1 VCD (You Got Served - Mazreen's in love with this show I think. He has been going on and on about it since a long time ago) Mazreen my darling paid because he's rich at the moment but I'm not.
He sent me home and we talked on the phone afterwards.
It was cute how, after we hung up already, he sms-ed me something sweet, like how he did early-early on when we were still... well, excitable over everything. (that sounds wrong, but I wanted to say, "still in love" but then we are still very much in love now, so macam wrong to say it, haha)
I was a very happy sleeper. Hehehe.
--
Pizza Hut has this new mix and match pasta thing. I can't wait to try it out! (I'll probably just buy traditional bolognaise because I'm not adventurous when it comes to food - or at least I am, but only if Mazreen is there because he finishes up what I can't, heh)
--
Farah told me yesterday about her NIE friends who read this blog and suggested I say hi to them here. So..
Hello you!!!
(I don't take note of your names yesterday because I was still arrogant hearing that people actually do read this, hehehe. Now that I'm back to earth and humble once more, I apologise for not remembering.)
According to sitemeter, I get about 50 readers in a day. Granted, 50 readers aren't that many if you want to compare to some other blogs, but for me it's a lot considering that I write nonsense half the time, and about me and Mazreen half the time. Even what I write about me and Mazreen can be considered nonsense sometimes, hahaa.
I've always thought sitemeter counted wrong or I'm reading it wrongly or there's like 5 readers who come back to my blog 10 times a day each.
The last guess might still be correct, but we will have to trim it down to maybe 8 times a day, and then there's another 10 readers out there who reads this without commenting etc.
It feels weird knowing that there are people out there who knows what I go through, what I think, etc, on (an almost) daily basis.
But eh thanks for reading,it warms my heart lah =)
Ok, dah cukup nak aksyen famous for now. Got to get back to work.
2 comments:
ermmm..ida, u are one thick-skinned woman. hahhaa...anyway, thanks for dragging me to the spa thingy. and yes, u are loud, and no, i didnt snore. hahaha. then again, i wldnt know if im snoring..muahaha..i still like the steam bath thingy..feels very tai-tai-fied. when shall we go again? *smiles*
we shall go again, but i don't think to that place lah hor a gurls. perhaps a nicer place with bigger beds so our hands tak fall off. save money, save money.. end of the year to harris resort.. cheapcheap spa... hahahaha.. =D
Post a Comment