Friday, 21 October 2005

About 4 or 5 years back, I was super free, because I was still in MDIS I think, or perhaps I was just in my domesticated period, I sew cushion covers for my house, and would have sewn curtains if my mom didn't stop me (she said at Ikea, curtains were cheaper, and less hassle, than buying the cloth, and rumah messy and all nanti, since it involves huge amts of cloth kan) That year also, I made cakes and swissrolls for my house, and for my grandma and my aunts.

I got the recipe from my mom's friend, and she taught me abit how to make it. So I went home, and got started, and couldn't stop. I remember making it til late at night.

So one night, there wasn't anymore jam in the house (as per the recipe - need the jam for the insides of the swissroll la) I looked around the cabinets and found 2 jars of Nutella in the house. So I tried on one swissroll, and it went very nicely. And tasted so damn good!

And so I bought more Nutella the next day, and made more swissrolls, and gave them to family members. A lot of people went to my grandma's house and said it was really nice.

The year after that, I noticed more and more houses that we visited had Nutella swissrolls. I think last year, people started collecting orders for it.

Therefore, I would like to state that Nutella swissrolls originated from my house. Haha.

This is very much a case of Rotiboy... and then Roti Mum, and Pappa Roti, and many other people wanting to be associated with the Rotis.

--

Last night I met Mazreen at City Hall, and broke fast at Cavana at Marina. Eh that place is super cold lah ok. We had the normal chicken rice, and I had bandung and pepsi, he had bandung. Halfway thru the meal, I had to buy hot tea - we needed something to panaskan the body, it was sooo cold! Haha.

Went to Island Shop at Millenia Walk after that. It was a closing down sale - their last day is on 29th of this mth, so most things went at either 50% or 70%. It was fun choosing clothes, hehe. At first Mazreen didn't want anything, so he held the things that I chose. And then he found some cute fisherman-looking berms, and a nice shirt (actually two, but the 2nd one had tiny X crosses on the seams, which upon closer inspection looks quite gay)

We tried the clothes together (in separate cubicles la. haha) And then came out and gave a bit of opinions. It was funny, when Mazreen was trying the clothes on, and he wanted to ask for another size, from a saleslady standing in the storeroom (which was just to our left)

He said "excuse me", and the saleslady bowed her head, apologised, and scurried out.

I went outside to take a differnet size, and the saleslady was just standing at the counter with her colleague. I honestly don't know why she scurried out when she did, it was funny and weird yesterday.

So anyway, I bought 2 tops - one in lime green (!!!) and another in babyblue. Mazreen got the fisherman berms and the shirt. Went to Times at Suntec and got an Adele Parks book, and then walked a bit more to look for Fan's present, but cdn't find anything. Sat at that MeryllLynch place while he smokes and I did this leave/off schedule for him.

He will be on leave / off the whole of Dec lah! I'm so jealous.. and irritated because I want him to fetch me from work everyday, but I know it won't happen. Haha.

But he will have to attend a course on the NZ trip this weekend - Saturday and Sunday, from 8am til 5pm. I'll drive to Khatib tmrw to fetch him since we need to buy some food to bring to tmrw's buka.

--

I had the weirdest, unsettling-est dream last night. There was A/l/y, and his sister, who I argued with in the dream - and she was pregnant and always in white (it was actually quite scary)

I can't remember much about what happened in the dream, but their images were sooo vivid. It gives me this weird creepy feeling when I woke up this morning.

(omg this is weird la. I wanted to click on the BlogThis! button, but accidentally clicked on Search This Blog instead. And what comes out first? The entry "and so I went to A/l/y's wedding" What is this ni! I hope I won't bump into the newlyweds anytime soon, or ever.)

--

I am having a headache, and my throat feels like there's a grain of rice stuck right below my tonsils. It hurts.

And I hope tmrw, someone will bring lots and lots of keropok lekor to Kak Lin's house. We are thinking of bringing tulang from Beach Road.

Oh, all this is in celebration of my Mazreen's mother's birthday. Her birthday's today actually..

Happy Birthday FMIL!

.. but we having the celebration, or a makan2 thing, tmrw.. buka at Kak Lin's house. I hope the latest addition will be there - he's sooo cute!! Tonight we going to buy presents for him, and perhaps something for Mazreen's mom too, if we can find something that she likes (which is rather hard to find, since Mazreen is clueless)

Speaking of presents. I found a pair of Clarks' shoes at Suntec yesterday that I like a lot *hint hint* It's either that or PSP, but PSP u can play with too, although more exp. I don't mind either or, FH.

No comments: