
I am now reading Jane Green's latest book, Life Swap. Aisyah called me about a week ago, when she was at Kino's and said that I'm going to die of happiness or something to that effect, because this new book is out.
So Aisyah bought it (I'm supposed to pay her back. Tsk!) and I'm now reading it. And, like all of Jane Green's books, it's good lah!
I love her books, I love the way she writes, it creates such vivid images in my mind. Haha. Hers, and Catherine Alliot's.
I unashamedly like chick-lit.
I find Dan Brown boring :(
--
Went to Cash Converter last night. Super funky eh itu tempat! I was funkified by the things they sell there. There was an 18carat yellow diamond ring going for $15,500, and a very scruffy-looking silver pot for $6. Mcm very totally opposites kan? But all in one shop.
And we went to CS and ate at LJS. Some really young kids, in baju kurung and heavily made-up faces, sat behind us. When we were going out of LJS, they were leaving too, and we overheard one (young) girl saying out loud, "eh siapa ada rokok eh?"
Shocking lah, because they look very Primary 6 or Sec 1, even with the make up and such tau.
And we were approached by a Chinese lady outside CS. She totally ignored me but asked Mazreen for his HP no - she was from Malaysia and wanted to sell something apparently. Mazreen was really nicely subtly saying no, but she was really persistent.
So I stepped in, said "we aren't interested."
She gave me an irritated glance and continued asking for Mazreen's no. WTH! I repeated "we are really not interested." And then Mazreen piped in and said "ya we aren't interested la"
Only then did she mutter a really soft "ok la.. thanks" and walked off.
Hehehehe. Bloody hell betul. I was talking about something so interesting with Mazreen, she had to butt in. Tsk.
--
I hope I get my cheap PSP la. If I don't get that, Mazreen's going to buy me a Brick Game from KL. Hahaha.
5 comments:
i love jane green too!!! thanks for posting abt her latest book. now i can go get! :-)
Eh are you from vuisme?? how did you get here?! I love your blog tau.
Anyway, you're welcome :) Good things (in this case, info) are meant to be shared, hehe.
That Jane Green book seems great. I was at Borders earlier and almost bought it, but I settled for "Edge Of Reason" instead. :-)
By the way, which Dan Brown book *did* you read? "Digital Fortress" and "Deception Point" aren't that good. Fell short of expectations after "Da Vinci Code" and "Angels And Demons".
Suhaila
shids, i got here from link to link to link! 6 degrees of internet separation. have u started readin the new book? tell how would u rate it! see u at my blog sometime! (kita macam jalan raya!)
yep the jane green book is good.. Unfortunately not as good as her Mr Maybe (that is my fave one), but still very Jane Greenish.
Anyway, suhaila, I actually have never read any Dan Brown. I read the first chapter of Da Vinci Code, and found it terribly boring! Hehehe.
Post a Comment