My darling monkey of a fiance, is the cutest person on earth tau. This is the cutest thing ever that he has done, I swear. Sadly it all failed, because he isn't really a good liar, especially to me, hahahaha.
Here's the whole chain of events, starting from Tuesday.
Tuesday - He came over to my house to send some cash, straight from camp. At that time I on my way home from work - I had told him to wait, but he said malas. So I said I'll come at night to his place, he said tak payah, he will just send on the way home. So I said ok, fine, no problem, and he passed the cash to my mom to pass to me when I get home.
At night when we were talking, he told me to tell my mom that he's coming back from NZ on the 4th (because apparently he forgot to tell her when he came over) So I told him to hold on and I went to tell her, and then he asked what did my mom say. I said my mom macam no expression, just said ok.
----
Wednesday night after work as I was watching tv - My mom said in a really cheeky voice, "I got secret tau Da." So I asked, what.
"Eh. Sorry cannot tell you"
"Huh? Why not?
"Tak boleh ah. Sorry. Tu tadi terlepas cakap."
"Why? What secret? Something to do with Mazreen isit???"
"No lah!"
And so it went on and on and on. She refused to tell me, but I had a feelign it had something to do with Mazreen, so I called him, and asked. He said no, betul takde. Tak kan nak secret-secret with your mom, he said.
I got very irritated, because I don't like people keeping secrets from me, and asked my mom again when we were preparing dinner.
She replied, "ok lah... I tell you but you don't tell Mazreen I told you ok? "
"Ok what?"
"Mazreen told me to order flowers on his behalf, for your birthday... to send to work... "
"REALLY??? Eh sweet nya!"
"Ya, but don't tell him I told you ok? I feel so bad now..."
So at night, when we met, I pretended I didn't know. Although I dropped a lot of openings for him to confess - I said I lurrrrve blood red roses, and would be super happy if I were to get them for my birthday as a surprise. Hahaha.
He said ok, tunggu nanti I balik ok? Then I'll buy for you.
I was damn happy then. Thought that he's really going to buy me flowers again. (ya damn gay, I like receiving flowers. who doesn't?)
----
Thursday night - told him that I intend to belanja my family, and grandma, and his parents on my birthday. He said that's a good idea, but very sedih he can't join in, since he lambat sehari balik dari NZ. I said it's ok, we'll go on Sunday night maybe, since he's coming back on the 4th at 1830h. He nodded, said ok.
--
Today - In the car on the way to the airport. My mom was in Abg Aim's car, with my grandma. I drove my car, he was beside me, and at the back was his parents, his cousin Sha/h/rir, and his niece Tri/sya. He was telling Sha/h/rir that when he comes back, he's clearing leave - post-flight off + one day public holiday (Hari Raya Haji) = 8 days off.
I corrected him, said he forgot CNY, 2 days public holiday. He then said "eh yeah.. so total 10 days lah off." His mom at the back also said, "a'ah, lupa nak kira CNY sekali" and his dad also joined in, "ya.. kesian budak2 cina hari raya kat sana..." and laughed. Then Mazreen and his mom had this convo about how last year the Chinese kids spent CNY at India etc. Totally serious convo tau, takde macam tersengeh-sengeh or anything.
So therefore I didn't think anything of it, and was totally solemn during the drive because macam still sedih that he won't be here during my birthday.
Reached the airport, we went to BK to buy some food, he checked in his bag, and then told me to hold his boarding pass while he eats his mushroom swiss. So I looked through his passport, and his boarding pass, and some other papers in there. I noticed 2 dates - 6Jan2006 and 27Jan2006. Asked him how come 27 Jan?
He said salah print agaknya tak. So I thought, yeah perhaps.. and looked thru more papers, and saw more mentions of 27 Jan. I then realised that he could be coming back on 27 Jan instead - and I started pestering him, and he kept denying over and over again. But by then he was grinning already, and then he said I'm going mad. Haha. He went back to eating his mushroom swiss, trying to ignore me.
And then! I found his itinary! HAHAHAHAHA.
6Jan - Departure.
etc etc etc.
27 Jan- Arrival SIN flight NZ-- @ 1830hrs.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I nearly shrieked then, and showed it to him. He got so red then, laughed, and said that he's so stupid, shouldn't have let me hold the passport etc. Hahahahaha. Bloody hell, want to lie to me hor?!
And then I turned to my mom and said, "you knew he's coming back on the 27th isit???" and then my mom and his parents started laughing. My mom told me that he told her about his plan on Tuesday when he came over, and his mom then told me that Mazreen told them to lie to me and say he's coming back on the 4th, because he's planning this whole surprise thing when he comes back. My darling fiance who personifies sweetness!! Now of course the whole plan is spoilt, but who cares, because it means that he's coming back a whole week earlier, and best of all, HE WILL BE HERE DURING OUR ANNIVERSARY, AND MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
I'm very happy :)
--
So on the way home, my mom and his parents explained how they managed to keep it a lie, for... a few days. Haha. My mom called him on Wednesday night, when I was on my way to his house, to tell him that she lied to me, she made up that whole roses story. (And all that time when I was hinting about roses, he knew that I "knew" the secret! Hahaha, sungguh complicated!)
--
For random pictures that we took yesterday, click here.
(honestly, it's the same pose in manymanymany different shots, haha. we look ugly in most of them.)
For pictures taken at the airport just now, click here.
--
I am truly happy tau, so happy that I didn't even cry when he went in :) Everyone was telling me to prepare tissues, tsk.
He hugged his parents and my grandmom, and then salam everyone, and then he came over to me and whispered some sweet stuff, and then he went over to his friends. And then in front, Pag & my mom gave him money, which he refused to take... but in the end he took, haha. He then came over to me again, said some more stuff (like, "ohh. sekarang dah tahu orang punya secret, muka tersengeh2. dah tak sedih, tak nangis." heheh) and then he went in.
I of course miss him already, LIKE MAD. I wrote him a letter just now at work, which I told him to read in the plane. And then I told him to call me once he reaches NZ - which will be tmrw at 6.30am S'pore time.
21 days ok! Such a huge difference, from the 8 weeks India trip, and 7 weeks Thailand trip.
And best thing of all lah, is that he will be here for my birthday! and we can celebrate our first year engagement anny together! and we can go to a friend's engagement ceremony together! (I was thinking I had to go with my sister maybe, heh) WooohoooOOOOOOO!!
Most importantly, I hope he takes good care of himself there lah. Tak kisah 21 days, or 51 days, as long as he's fine and healthy, Alhamdulillah, I'll be happy already.
21 days instead of 28 days is just a bonus :)

But really, my sweetdarling Mazreen is a gem.
No comments:
Post a Comment