I was so happy, for God knows what reason. Terus teringat our convo with his bro the other day.. then jadi sedih, haha.
He told me to catch the news later on channel 5... but I tak sabar, I went online, and first of all went to check my email. (they had sent me an sms abt the flat, but in my sleepiness, I had deleted it this morning!)
Saw this email in my inbox -
You are cordially invited to attend a sneak preview of The Premiere at Tampines, the First Design, Build and Sell Scheme at Tampines.
Date of Preview:
5 & 6 October 2006
Date of Official Viewing:
7 – 18 October 2006
Time:
10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Venue:
Showunit located at the junction of Tampines Ave 5 & Tampines Ave 6
The Premiere at Tampines will be officially launched for sale by Ballot on 7 October 2006. You may visit our website at www.simlian.com.sg to submit your E-Application Form from 7 October onwards.
Application Period is from 7 October – 18 October 2006. Please submit your E-Application between the dates above.
Due to overwhelming response for this project, we anticipate waiting time to view the showunit and wish to seek your patience. You are advised to come to the showunit during non-peak periods such as during the weekdays, avoid lunch hours etc.
You may call us at 1800-SIM LIAN (1800-746 5426) for any clarifications.
We look forward to seeing you at the showunit.
Then I went to check my other simlian email - the one which I emailed to them asking them about the payment process, because I've heard so many different versions.
Flat prices have not been established at this point of time.
Upon successful booking, you are required to pay an Option Fee (i.e. Booking
Fee) of 5% of the Purchase Price. This payment must be made in CASH or
CHEQUE only.
Within 9-weeks from the Date of Option to Purchase, you are
required to pay the next 15% of the Purchase Price. This amount can be
financed through your CPF Housing Grant, CPF Monies, Cash, HDB Financing
or mortgage loan from Banks or financial institutions licensed by the Monetary
Authority of Singapore (MAS).
Maj's dad had actually offered to pay the 5% first. Then Maj went to meet to his oldest bro and asked for opinion... and his eldest bro said, ok so you have this 5% for downpayment.. what about the remaining 15%? Although you can get loans and such.. do you want to be saddled with loans so early on in your marriage?
Of course our answer was no.
So no go for the flat.
And then my dad pulak offered. Maj's dad give us the 5%, then he will help us with the 15%.
But I didn't want that, because .. it makes me feel like a charitable organisation. I want to stand on my own 2 feet (and Maj's 2 feet, so total 4 feet) after dah kawin. No matter what happens, we still got to stay with parents for the time being after kawin, because we've both agreed that we want to save enough for the house things (fridge, washing machine, tv, sofa, etc) before we actually buy a house.
So we turned both parents down.
And decided to get a resale flat in Tampines or Simei, Insya'Allah about a year after the wedding. My colleagues and Maj's sister-in-laws also pernah told me, sometimes you have to sacrifice some things to get the better ones at the end of the day...
So yeah. I don't know if I still want to go for the preview thing, or official viewing, because I know I'll just fall in love with it, and it will make me sad that I can't get the house.
Rezeki masing2 lah ehh. Maybe our house-jodoh is not there.
3 comments:
yo babe, remember the earlier post u wrote abt feminine washes and what not kan? i now used a better feminine wash, its called Lactacyd. its superb i tell you.
and one more tip to keep your rose feeling fresh and clean is to always keep it dry as moisture breeds bacteria hence the discharge, smell and whatnots.
Smiling Inside is really cute! hehehe..i was semangat reading about the DBSS flat (of which I am planning to go and look see the flat next week..hehe..wanna go tog?) and then i see a post on lactacyd..and now here i am in hostel giggling like mad..hehehe
Vu, i used Lactacyd last time.. its nice ah.. but i now prefer Vagisil because its very thick.. as in the liquid thing..
hahaha, that sounds gross ah.
farah a gurls, maintain.
Post a Comment