Ok, the extra-wonderful news first. My cousin(-in-law) Kak Ana (who's the wife of my cousin Abg Ijal) gave birth this morning at about 5am at East Shore Hospital to a healthy baby girl, Alhamdulillah!
My mom came barging into my room at 6am (or whatever time it was) and was saying at the top of her voice, "Ida! Kak Ana dah give birth! Baby girl! Baby girl!"
I was in the midst of a dream then, I so remember I was dreaming about my HR manager putting a photocopier next to my desk at work, and when I complained that I can't get out, he said I have to crawl under the table. The next thing I knew, my mom was joyfully announcing the latest arrival to our family.
When I had properly woken up at 7ish, I sms Abg Ijal, asking what's my new niece's name? He replied saying that they will name her on the 7th day as per Rasulullah SAW practice. And then he added, "she's such an angel sobsob. Can't wait to introduce her to you all. Thanks for the doas throughout the years."
Hehehe. I can't wait to meet the little angelic baby too! So exciting kan! And I"m so happy for them, it was nearly a 6 year wait for this little angel, so imagine their joy! Alhamdulillah, I'm just so happy today.
Ok mcm aku yg gave birth eh.
I thought it was going to be a boy actually (they didn't want to find out the sex of the baby before giving birth) because Kak Ana looked all radiant and happy. They say kalau conceiving a girl, you would usually be very pale and tired-looking kan? Because Pag was like that when she was pregnant with Syaza. Plus if it was a boy, I don't have to worry about them naming the baby Zahra. I so so so want that name for my own girl - I initialy wanted Zara but eversince there was a clothing label with that name, I changed it to Zahra. I loved that name since secondary school, and I've told all my cousins but unfortunately I know Abg Ijal and Kak Ana likes that name too.
Oh well, whatever her name is, I'm sure she's going to be all pretty and gorgeous and lovely.. I can't wait to see her!
--
The 2 wonderful emails - one was from Drew who I haven't heard from for the longest time, since the beginning of this year I think when he was going on his honeymoon already. It was soo nice opening my inbox and seeing an email from him =)
Another email was from... cheng cheng cheng (drum roll, geddit).. Oprah Winfrey!!! Ok actually it was just an automated reply thing. I was at their website yesterday and they had this thing where they were looking for 16year old girls around the world, so I submitted Aisyah's name, hehehe.
So here's the automted reply -
Dear Nuraisyah Hussin,
Thank you for your e-mail! Your message is important to us. Unfortunately, due to the volume of e-mail messages we receive every day, we cannot guarantee that you'll receive a personal response. Feel free to check out our Frequently Asked Questions for additional help.
Thanks again for writing to us!
Sincerely,
The Oprah.com Staff
www.oprah.com
Ok it's actually quite gay getting high over that. But it's something from Oprah's.. thing you see? I love her so much la. So inspiring and all that.
I'm considering asking Mazreen (or anyone for that matter) if they want to get me maybe a one year subscription to O magazine for my birthday next year.
--
Ok, now for the remaining 5 indicators of a healthy r/s, according to psychologist Dr.Neil Clark Warren - as found in Today papers.
- You love to laugh together. You're entertained by each other and share a sense of humour about the same things in life.
- You feel thoroughly known by your partner, and deeply cared for. You're able to be yourself and still know that you are loved, faults and all.
- Your family and friends are genuinely supportive of the two of you as a couple. You have confirmation of those who know you best and whom you trust the most.
- You feel romantic about each other much of the time, but you feel comfortable and content with each other almost all the time.
- You have a r/s that feels sane and safe and stable. You sense that there's a solid fit between both of you at many levels.
If all these characteristics are present in the dating r/s, the chances for a healthy and happy marriage are great.
:)
I asked Mazreen the first 5 last night, and he felt the same way as I did - although he still thinks I need to be more understanding (?!) About the arguments, he said that for major arguments, usually it takes a few hours before we are sane enough to talk about it. But usually we manage to talk things out. Small arguments, usually a few minutes before we realise we are being stupid.
[ I love the "relaku pujuk" song by whoever. It's on radio now ]
so we are good, and Insya'Allah this will work out great and we will be together forever Insya'Allah.
We had a 45 minute convo last night, and from talking about jobs and our future etc, somehow we started talking about us and our friendships with respective best friends. He said he's very happy I can get along with Salleh and vice versa. I'm happy too about that of course, because Salleh is quite an impt figure in his life - they have been friends since Mazreen was a baby or something, haha - and I think if I can't get along with his best friend, life would be quite hard kan? The argument the weekend before he went would surely be hard to resolve if Salleh wasn't there to knock some sense into Mazreen.
He's the cutest.
Mazreen I mean, not Salleh. Heh.
He told me last night that one of the guys at that Thailand camp was sent back to S'pore yesterday due to visa problems, and coming back to Thailand on the 24th. That would be a 2 day stay in S'pore! Best kan!
I so so so wish that was Mazreen instead coming back.
I miss him mcm crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment