Thursday, 12 October 2006

Oh goodness, we've registered already! Hahaha.

It was definitely surreal. As my dad drove up to park, and I saw the signboard that says "Registry of Muslim Marriages", I was like, OMG. Maj, kita betul going to kawin, you know.

And he gave me a weird look and said, ya, I knew it long time ago.

Ok, so I was the only one that felt so excited, so weird.. Like, good weird. It was really .. weird! hahahaha.

Like, so adult. I remember going there when I was about Liza's age to register my aunt's wedding, or somethign like that.. and now it's my turn!! Haha.

So anyways, we filled in the form, and then we waited a bit more to do that online thing, and then we went upstairs and got interviewed, and then it was done. Quite fast lah, and the interview was really simple.. I was expecting a few hard qns maybe, just for the sake of being able to tell people that I got hard qns maybe (HAHAHA) but no, my questions were simple.

OH.

OUR KADI IS PASUNI MAULAN!

Hehehehehe.

The ROMM makcik helped us as we filled in the online thing.. and when it came to the kadi part, I clicked on Pasuni Maulan.. and it turns out that he was unavailable. So the makcik offered to call him and check..

.. and he was available, so we tried clicking again, and yeah the slot was suddenly open! Heheh.

I'm really happy about that, because .. initially I wanted Salim Jasman, but he has retired. So has Ustaz Idris. So we had to make do with either Pasuni Maulan, or Naib Kadis... and I only know Hassan Salim. I wanted someone who I recognise, I dunno why exactly.. but yeah.

So I'm happy we got Pasuni Maulan. I've heard that he's fierce and all.. but Insya'Allah on that day it'll be ok la.

We were interviewed by Karim Ahmad - Maj got called in first, and then me, and then my dad.

It was so funny when our number flashed on that number thingy to indicate that it was our turn... The signboard on top of Room 4 flashed "Room 6, number 006" Maj went straight to that room (room 4) which was bilik solat.. and he was like, "nak kena solat ke? I dah solat kat rumah!"

And then he opened the door and there was no one inside, and he was like "mana orang dia?" All of us were confused for a while.. and then my dad was like "eh bilik enam la! Ini bilik empat!!" and both of them started searching for Room 6, which was at the end of the hall. Haha.

Anyway, I was asked -
"Awak pernah bertunang dengan orang lain?"
"Siapa wali awak?"
"Adakah Mazreen pilihan awak sendiri? Tak ada orang yang paksa, ya?"

And then the sumpah part. OH aku terkejut. How come no one told me about that sumpah part??! Everyone talks about the questions and the dresscode and the online thing, but no one talks about the sumpah part!! So I was really shocked that we had to sumpah.. because I've been brainwashed by Mazreen that "sumpah tu dosa!!" (haha)

So when he said "ok, sekarang awak ikut saya bersumpah.."

I ter-blurt out, "Kena sumpah??"

And he said with such calmness that "ye saya, kena bersumpah.. ikut saya.."

Hehehehe. So I did that hand thing, I felt a bit giggly because it felt so 1960s or something, hehehehehe.

Oh and I was so stupid.. when he said kena bersumpah, I thought it was to sumpah that I will take care of my future husband.. hehehe.. rupa-rupanya sumpah that the info I gave was correct. Cheh.

Went out of the room, and then my dad got called in (he was asked, "ini anak pertama?" and my dad said yeah, and then sumpah also.. then done) Maj got asked the same questions as me.

Sempat ber-posing while at ROMM.


My parents and sisters came with to ROMM, because we were going to JB after that.


Us, while my dad was interviewed.

Now it feels like the countdown really has begun, if that makes any sense.

But Alhamdulillah, so far things are going well.

--

After ROMM, we went to JB Angsana, buka there, and then walked ard some more, and then went to Singgah Selalu for black pepper crab, and then to the carwash, and then home.


At the carwash. Maj stringing Aisyah's new shoes.

--

This really does feel surreal.

7 comments:

suzie said...

CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

noshidoshi said...

hehehehe, thanks =D

cheh, mcm dah kawin betul2 like that. hahaa.

vuisme said...

yo babe,

u r officially now a minah-kahwin-kahwin! hahahahaha!

noshidoshi said...

hahaha is that good or bad ah?

Anonymous said...

Was the experience fun? Lucky u weren't interviewed by Pasuni Maulan himself or Salim Jasman. They are known for asking to recite some ayat. Mine was kadi cool, Nor Razak. Anyway, congrats, have fun planning. Selamat berpuasa & berhari raya

vuisme said...

Of course its a good thing!!! its a rite of passage that EVERY malay girl had to go through! kalau tak jadi minah kahwin-kahwin followed by a short stint as bridezilla, tak sah!

noshidoshi said...

Azlin!! dah lama you menghilang! hehehe. the experience was very fun lah.. but surreal sungguh la. seriously. i cannot believe i dah ber-romm... it's so adult! hahaha. my kadi will be pasuni maulan u know. hopefully he will be.. erm.. nice on my nikah day!! hehee.

vu, its so weird lah jadi minah kawin2. i feel super excited like, 60% of the time.. pasal nak kawin!! hahaha. kenapa suddenly aku jadi mcm ni, i dunno. hahaha. but u made me feel normal by saying that.. hahahah. so thanks =D hehe.